Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
What is Oral & maxillofacial Surgery?
It is a dental speciality which deals with the surgery of maxillofacial region, that is mouth, face, Jaw and facial bones etc.
Who is an oral surgeon?
He is the one who is specialized in the field of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and deals with surgeries involving oral and maxillofacial region like:
- Extraction of badly damaged/broken and nonrestorable teeth.
- Extraction of Impacted Wisdom teeth.
- Repair/Correction of Fractures of the facial bones and other injuries to the face (maxillofacial trauma)
- Management of Facial Infections and Abscess.
- Management of Cysts and tumors of the oro-facial region.
- Orthognathic surgery (i.e. Correction of deformities and malalignment of jaw and facial bones to create a more pleasing and good looking facial appearance.)
- Repair of Cleft lip and palate.
- Biopsies in the oral and facial region.
- Cancers of the oral and maxillofacial region.
- Management of Temperomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders like Joint Pain, joint dislocation, joint immobility, TMJ Ankylosis.
- Rhinoplasty- Nose Corrections.
- Genioplasty- Chin Corrections.
- Correction of facial wrinkles, facial reanimation, face-lift surgeries .